Perfect Christmas Mince Pie Recipe
Mince Pies are loved by all up and down the country. This Christmas you are going to love indulging in our perfect crumbly mince pies. Take a look at our recipe below and let us know how you get on baking these.
- Mincemeat (800g) – This can be purchased from a local supermarket or made following the recipe here.
- 2 Tangerines
- 1 Apple
- 1 Egg
- Plain Flower (375g)
- Butter (250g)
- Caster Sugar (125g)
- Firstly you will need to pre heat your oven to around 200 degrees Celsius (Gas Mark 6) (Please not this can vary from oven to oven)
- To begin to make the pastry rub together the sugar, butter, flower & egg with a small splash of cold water. This should start to come together as a dough.
*Be sure not to overwork the dough as this can cause issues when baking.
- Wrap the pastry in cling film and set aside in the fridge while you prepare the filling
- To make the filling take the mincemeat and place it into a bowl.
- Next you will want to grate the zest of the tangerine into the bowl with the mincemeat.
- The next step is to peel both the tangerine and the apple, chop them into into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- You will now need to remove the pastry from the fridge and roll to a 3mm thickness.
- Next take a round pastry cutter and cut out 6 9cm discs that will form the base casing for the mince pies
- Press the pastry into muffin cup sand fill each one of them will a generous amount of mincemeat filling to about 2/3 full.
- You now need to take a pastry cutter and cut out 6 8cm circles for the lids of the mince pies. (These should be slightly bigger than the top of the muffin cups)
- Next sprinkle the mince pies with the caster sugar.
- Finally bake the mince pies in the over for approximately 20 minutes then transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
- To finish off dust the mince pies with icing sugar and you are done!
- Why not enjoy with a nice glass of mulled wine.
- Got your own serving ideas? Let us know in the comments below.
Join Our Email List To Be Notified Of New Recipes