Perfect Minted Lamb Shanks Recipe
Our perfect minted lamb shank recipe is tried my many and loved by all. This recipe will include all ingredients and steps needed to create a meal for two.
- 2 Lamb shanks (Check Out True Bites Lamb Shanks Here)
- 300ml beef gravy
- Mint sauce (The amount used will be down to personal preference but we recommend 3-4 Teaspoons.)
- Fresh mint (Optional)
- Firstly you will need to pre heat your oven to around 200 degrees Celsius (Gas Mark 6) (Please not this can vary from oven to oven)
- Next you will want to place the two Lamb Shanks into a lidded casserole dish and place in the oven for around half an hour.
- While waiting for the lamb shanks to cook mix together your gravy and mint sauce. (Its a good idea to start out with a little and gradually add more mint sauce.)
- Once the lamb shanks have been in the oven for half an hour, drain away any excess liquid from the casserole dish.
- Next you will want to pour your mint sauce and gravy mix over the lamb shanks. Once this is done pop the lamb shanks back into the oven.
- Finally you will want to lower the temperature on the oven to 150 degrees Celsius (Gas Mark 2)
- Leave them to cook for around another 90 minutes. This should now leave your lamb shanks juicy and tender.
- Finally serve with your choice of vegetables.
- Try serving with sweet mash potato to give the dish a bit of a different taste.
- Try experimenting with different herbs in the gravy mixture to give a different taste every time.
- Let us know your serving ideas in the comments below and we will be sure to add them here.
Join Our Email List To Be Notified Of New Recipes